La Crema Wine Dinner for Wednesday, August 21, 2019
Join us for another fabulous Pradera Wine Dinner | This month we will be tasting the wines of La Crema
Four wines will be served, two whites and two reds. Each wine will be paired with a complimenting cheese and dinner will be served during your journey.
Tantalize your taste buds with this 7 part pairing | $90++ per person | Space is limited
1. La Crema Monterery Rose: Paired with Gorgonzola
Gorgonzola is a veined Italian blue cheese, made from unskimmed cow's milk. It can be buttery or firm, crumbly and quite salty, with a "bite" from its blue veining.
2. La Crema Russian River Chardonnay: Paired with Camembert
Brie cheese is a similar soft cheese, also made from cow's milk. However, there are differences such as its origin, typical market shape, size, and flavor. Brie originates from the Île de France while camembert comes from Normandy.
3. Salad: Burrata Cheese | Tangerine segment | August Heirloom tomato | Fresh Basil Pesto | Balsamic Glaze | Gorgonzola Wrapped Grape
4. La Crema Russian River Pinot Noir: Paired with Chevre
A proud and bold approach to making artisanal French goats’ cheese - one that has remained committed to tradition for generations. Enjoyed in its fresh variants, it is intense and earthy, with a tangy kick to finish. The texture offers a firm and slightly soft density, with some having a creamy and spreadable consistency.
5. La Crema Willamette Pinot Noir: Paired with Gruyère
Sweet but slightly salty, with a flavor that varies widely with age. Creamy and nutty when young, becoming more assertive, earthy, and complex as it matures.
6. Entree: Petite Filet Mignon | Grilled Salt and Pepper crusted shrimp kabob | Madeira Demi Glaze | Goat cheese cream | Jumbo asparagus
7. Chocolate Dessert